update on covid-19 / coronavirus
Updated march 4, 2020
There is a lot of information regarding the virus and some of it is conflicting. PDCA is monitoring the information provided by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). Below are links and information you can follow:
- https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html - Provides background, summary, and risk assessment information for the Coronavirus.
- https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/index.html - Details steps people can take in their communities to prevent the spread of the virus.
- https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html - Details steps individuals can take to protect themselves from exposure.
- https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/faqs.html - Provides answers to some travel related questions.
- https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019 - Provides updates related to Coronavirus around the world, including weekly remarks from the WHO Director.
- https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public - Details protective measures and includes videos.
- https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters - Provides information on myths surrounding the virus.
- https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/getting-workplace-ready-for-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=359a81e7_6 Document that details prevention in the workplace.
We are monitoring the Arizona Department of Health Services (AZDHS) regarding confirmed and presumptive cases of COVID-19 in the area. In addition, we will be verifying that all airports in Arizona have screening protocols in place.
Ultimately, we encourage everyone to make responsible decisions and stay home if they are sick. Attendees and exhibitors with questions or concerns are encouraged to email the PDCA team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is PDCA doing to prepare for COVID-19?
• We are monitoring the Arizona Department of Health Services (AZDHS) regarding confirmed and potential cases of COVID-19 in the area.
• We are taking steps to address concerns by providing heightened levels of cleanliness, including:
o Providing hand sanitizers in all registration and communal areas.
o Coordinating with the Arizona Grand Resort regarding additional staff to clean all common areas using strong disinfectant on areas used more frequently, especially tables, door handles, etc.
o Encouraging a "no handshake" policy onsite and we can provide buttons and stickers to attendees and exhibitors.
What happens if someone presents flu-like symptoms at the conference?
• Until otherwise stated, PDCA will adhere to the CDC's recommendations as much as possible until the individual can be taken to a medical facility: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html
• At this time, any testing for COVID-19 would be managed by local hospitals and/or the CDC.
How many registrants are from international countries?
• 14% are from international counties outside of North America
• 0% of the 14% were registered from Asia; International registrants are from Canada and Finland currently
Will you refund my registration fee if I choose to not attend the shows?
A refund in the amount of 50% will be issued for cancellations received through 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday, April 3, 2020. No refunds will be issued after this date; however, you may transfer your registration to another individual. Sponsorships are non-refundable.
Refunds for Exhibit Booths will not be issued after 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 20, 2020. Should you need to cancel your registration, cancellations must be made in writing either by mail, email or fax to Pile Driving Contractors Association.
What are you doing to prevent those from high-risk areas from attending the conference?
• We will be contacting the Phoenix International Airport to verify their policies regarding flights from high-risk countries including China, Italy, Iran, South Korea, etc. and if they are following protocols set by Trump administration.